The 2022 IAC Raffle is upon us and it is time to continue our build of Indy Nation! All profits will go directly towards facility upgrades which benefits ALL student-athletes.
HOW DOES THE RAFFLE WORK?
Tickets are sold for $20. An individual can purchase as many tickets as he/she wishes.
50% of all revenue is given away in prize money! If all raffle tickets are sold, Total prize money is $20,000!!
- ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER
- FOUR 2nd place cash winners
WHEN IS THE RAFFLE DRAWING?
ALL WINNERS will be drawn and announced at halftime of the home IHS Boys Basketball game vs Brentwood on December 16, 2022.
**You do NOT have to be present to win. Register your ticket by scanning the QR code on the back with your phone or click the button on this page.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
25% of sales revenue is given directly back to selling team!
Players – for every five (5) tickets a player sells he/she will get an entry in a drawing for a $1000 Scholarship to further his/her education upon graduation. If you sell 10 tickets, you name is entered TWICE!
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE AS AN ATHLETE OR ATHLETE’S PARENT?
Check out raffle tickets from your coach beginning now! Tickets will be checked out in multiples of 5 (5 tickets, 10, 15, etc.). Once tickets are sold, turn in money to coach who will turn in to IAC. Cash or check (payable to IAC). You can then check out more tickets if you wish. The more you sell, the more chances you have to win $1000 scholarship.
All money and/or unsold tickets must be returned by November 28, 2021.
WHAT ARE EXAMPLES OF WHAT THE RAFFLE IS USED FOR?
The raffle helps fund Athletics initiatives, including:
- Weight-room improvements
- Digital scoreboards in gym
- Student-athlete scholarships
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS – I.A.C. Sports Raffle
The Independence Athletic Club (herein referred to as “IAC”, organized in August of 2005, is a non-profit 501c (3) and is a subsidiary of the Independence PTO. The IAC is conducting this raffle as a way to raise funds to pursue its mission of supporting Independence High School athletes. The official Rules and Regulations of the IAC Sports Raffle are set forth below. By purchasing a raffle chance, you agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations. The IAC Sports Raffle’s interpretations and application of the Rules and Regulations shall be final. In the event of any dispute, a reasonable interpretation or determination by the IAC regarding the application of these Terms & Conditions is final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
The raffle is conducted pursuant to Tennessee Lawful charitable gaming TCA 3-17-103(d)(1)(B)
To be eligible to purchase an entry, you must be at least 18 years old at the time entry is purchased, and a living resident of the United States. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The raffle is void where prohibited by law. Members of the PTSO Board and committee members of the IAC as well IHS School administration and direct household members are not eligible to win. Any other legal resident of the United States of America is eligible for prizes.
Entries may sell out before the date of the raffle drawing. The chances of winning are based on the number of entries sold. If few entries are sold, the chances of winning the Grand Prize and other prizes improve. Winning entry will be drawn at half-time of the Coming Home night of Boys Varsity Basketball. Winner will be announced live at the drawing, posted on all IAC social media channels, and notified by email and phone. After 30 days, any unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and a secondary drawing will be held at a date, time and location to be determined.
How to Purchase:
- Tickets will be sold by Student Athletes, IAC Board Members and IHS Parents at Fall and Winter Athletic events, including Football, Volleyball, Wrestling, Soccer and Basketball. Chances may be purchased with Cash, Credit Card, or Venmo. Raffle entry sales will begin on August 20th at 6:00PM and end on or around December 17th, unless another time frame is designated for the sale of the Raffle entries by IAC in its sole discretion. All entry purchases are subject to these Rules and Regulations.
- Raffle entries will be sold as described below. Only one (1) entry is required to be purchased by an eligible individual to enter the raffle. However, there is no limit to the number of raffle entries an eligible individual may purchase. Each raffle entry purchased for a price of $20.00.
- All raffle entries purchases are final and non-refundable.
- We estimate 2,000 tickets will be sold throughout the selling period. The smaller of $20,000 or 50% total collected will be given out in prize money. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner and four (4) second place prize winners. The Grand Prize winner will receive the smaller of $10,000 or 50% of reserved prize money. The four (4) Second Place prize winners will receive the smaller of $2,500 or 12.5% of reserved prize money.
- All federal, state, and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winners’ sole responsibility. No portion of the raffle entry price may be deducted as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
Ticket stubs will be placed in large bin and one (1) Grand Prize ticket and four (4) Second Prize tickets will be drawn by IHS Principal and attending Hall of Fame Members during Half-time of the Boys Varsity Basketball Game on 12/18/21. Winners will be announced live at the drawing, posted on IAC WEBSITE and all IAC social media channels, and notified by email and phone. After 30 days, any unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and a secondary drawing will be held at a date, time and location to be determined. The potential prize winners do not need to be present to win. The potential prize winners must comply with all terms and conditions to these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- The potential winner will be required to deliver to an authorized IAC representative (A) Proof of identification (B) an executed liability, publicity release in the forms(s) provided by the IAC, and (C) if the applicable, executed IRS forms as provided by the IAC. The liability/ publicity release must be executed and delivered to the authorized IAC representative at the time of surrender of the original winning raffle chance.
- If the potential prize winner does not surrender the original winning raffle chance to the IAC before the end of the prize Expiration Date, or if the potential prize winner is found to be not eligible, or if the potential prize winner does not comply with the official rules, then the potential prize winner may be disqualified and the prize forfeited. If the potential winner does not claim the prize before the Expiration Date, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize and another potential winner will be selected for such prize.